Interested in hosting your design competition on the Innovation Portal?
Interested in judging innovative engineering design student work?
Welcome to the GET CONNECTED Information and Resources page
- A one hour live judge training webinar.
- Three to five hours of evaluating student work during the judging window.
- Judging is done entirely online and at your leisure. You can start and stop as needed and your work will be saved.
- A record of the portfolios assigned to you as a judge is kept in your personal Innovation Portal account and can be accessed at any time to document for volunteer hours.
PLTW Engineering Design Competition
- Judge trainings
- April 10 at 3:00 P.M. Eastern
- April 11 at 6:00 P.M. Eastern
- April 14 at 9:00 A.M. Eastern
- April 19 at 3:00 P.M. Eastern
- Judging window is from May 1 to May 12.
- Sign up
Download the Competition flyers below detailing winning projects from some of the competitions hosted on the Innovation Portal
Read about both current and past opportunities offered through the Innovation Portal on the OPPORTUNITIES PAGE https://www.innovationportal.org/opportunities/
Hosting a competition includes:
- Recruiting students to submit their work to your competition.
- Providing prizes to winning teams.
- Recruiting judges to evaluate student work.
- Designating a competition administrator to managing the logistics of your competition.
- Most competitions culminate in a real-world event to recognize student work.